Part 1
OK, as promised, this is a multi-part series I'm compiling to teach GSW management from a post crash perspective. Study carefully, your love ones might one day appreciate these skills. This is just the introduction, tomorrow I will be demonstrating with a group of firefighters, who need the training too, and with manikins on how to provide treatment and what to do specifically. I will also be going over what you need in your medical latoc kit....you do have a medical kit, right? Not just some First Aid kit you picked up at Wally World....right? Get one, there are all kinds of tactical medical kits available on-line, or email me and I'll send you one for $150 (gmegacode911@aol.com). Below are a few pictures that I'll use to illustrate several scenario's and how to effectively manage each one. Plus it'll give the more squeamish of you some time to adjust, and think about what you would do when its a love one that's been hit by a armed MZB.



In the bottom photo, was this a shotgun or large caliber pistol wound? This is a well advised training segment that a lot of people don't want to think about. But you are right in that these situations should be addressed and one should be prepared to handle as best as possible. The folks at LATOC should really support you in this endeavor.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Reality Check in MS
It took me a moment to figure out the last pic. Do we really want to treat that case in a post-apocalyptic scenario?
ReplyDeleteIf treatment consists of putting them out of their misery, maybe.. I'm guessing that 3rd pic used to be a face?
ReplyDeleteYes, bottom pic is a face, self inflicted and "no" in a latoc world this is not workable. I will be going over post-latoc euthanasia in my posts, and yes people with this kind of injury can survive longer than one would expect. Remember, it's the pons or medulla (brain stem) that controls breathing.
ReplyDelete